How to increase web browsing speed

Monday, April 12, 2010

How to speed up your internet connection ?

Using low speed internet either trough 2G/3G phone or being in a foreign country where internet connections are slow and expensive can be an exercise in patience.
Most of the websites are designed for broadband and they are not optimized for low speed connections. Following the simple steps presented here you can speed up your connection and reduce the time needed to display the webpages you are browsing.

A typical web page such as http://times.com/ weights 679kB in total. In the following articles we will see how to reduce it to 554kB in order to speed up the display but also to reduce your data usage which is really helpful if you do not subscribe to an unlimited data plan. A reduction of 20% must not be missed!


All the instructions are given for Firefox 3.6 You can download it at Mozilla.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for giving information.After read your blog,I followed your blog.Finally my net speed improved than before.I checked my new net speed by ScanmySpeed.com I was really amazing about my results.

    ReplyDelete